POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converter into Meshes : Re: Converter into Meshes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converter into Meshes
From: Simone
Date: 24 Sep 2010 20:50:00
Message: <web.4c9d45fd3204270ab92da8ee0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <Sve### [at] Jamaica-Focuscom> wrote:
> Thanks, Simone. I found it, and I used it. Still, my scene doesn't show up
> within Crossroads 3D, despite that it has been imported without problem.
>
> Can you try and find out, what's wrong?

I have no idea, I haven't used crossroads before (or if so, it's been so long
since then, I can't remember).
There is a shareware converter here http://psenzee.com/pov2mesh/ which converts
to .obj  which might be imported to 3ds or dxf with other converters (probably
poseray) afterwards. However it seems to have limitations concerning the import
of #declare statements, at least it says so on the homepage. I haven't tried
this one either, but maybe it can help with your project.

Cheers,

Simone