POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Concentric lines around faded area light : Re: Concentric lines around faded area light Server Time
4 Jul 2024 15:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concentric lines around faded area light
From: Der Minimalist
Date: 24 Sep 2010 01:30:01
Message: <web.4c9c36eacff2b0713a5785950@news.povray.org>
First of all, thnx for all the help, really appreciate it!!

As to the last comment, I'm using pov-ray 3.6.2 x64 and my output file type is
bmp. Since I'm not allowed to post attachments in this newsgroup I reckoned that
including the stripped scene file would be the best way to show you the problem.
I would be interested to hear if any of you doesn't see the concentric lines I'm
talking about when you render the code.

The tip of Florian and clipka (thanks!) to add some noise to the plane indeed
removes (or masks)the concentric lines, but this makes the scene look slightly
less realistic. Therefore I will now try the other suggestion of clipka to
output to OpenEXR, which in my case will involve some more google work ;), and
convert to 8-bit in IC(?).

Will let you know if I make any progress on this.

Cheers