POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray Folder Structure : Re: POV-Ray Folder Structure Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:43:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Folder Structure
From: Silverlight2009
Date: 22 Sep 2010 11:45:02
Message: <web.4c9a241ad82cb6b61054e8820@news.povray.org>
> Am 17.09.2010 12:37, schrieb Silverlight2009:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have the next problem:
> >
> > I am a Windows 7 64-bit user, and I'd like to install POV-Ray the following way:
> > I have 2 partitions, C: and D:. C: is the system, operating system, program
> > files, temporal data, etc. on it. D: is data and everything else. Now, I'd like
> > to make D:\Documents\POV-Ray to be my POV-Ray working directory, so that include
> > files, ini files, Insert Menu, scenes installed with POV-Ray and of course, my
> > own files put into this directory. What can I do for this during installation,
> > or after it?
>
> ... or even before it?
>
> You could for instance move your user directory ("My Documents") to
> D:\Documents before installing POV-Ray -- and keep it there for all
> those other programs that want to have their own subdirectory of "My
> Documents". That should work like a charm.
>
> Not sure how you'd do that in Windows 7 though. On XP you'd do a
> right-click on "My Documents", choose "Properties", and then "Move to...".

Thanks for the help. The problem is, that in Windows 7, there exist no such
thing that "My Documents". Anyway, it would be very useful for me, if I would
know, how POV-Ray installer acquires information about this, like an
environmental variable or something. I installed it in the regular fashion, and
now I'm unaable to change the rendering resolution, too.