POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spherical camera : Spherical camera Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Spherical camera
From: MadKairon
Date: 17 Sep 2010 14:00:01
Message: <web.4c93ac0af7294bb1c1bde3960@news.povray.org>
Hello, I have this scene:

#include "colors.inc"

camera { spherical location .5 up <0,1,0> right<1,0,0> look_at <0,-1,0>}

#declare Sculptcolors = texture {
                          pigment {
                            average
                            pigment_map { //[1 gradient x color_map {[0 rgb 0][1
rgb <1,0,0>]}]
                                          [1 gradient y color_map {[0 rgb
<0,0,0>][1 rgb <0,0,1>]}]
                                          //[1 gradient z color_map {[0 rgb 0][1
rgb <0,1,0>]}]
                                        }
                                  }
                                finish { ambient 1 diffuse 0 }
                                }

sphere { .5 .5 no_image texture{Sculptcolors}}

sphere { .5, 1.001 inverse finish { ambient 0 diffuse 0 reflection 1 }}

basicalle it creates a sphere with a black to blue gradient on the y axis. This
sphere is hidden but it's image is reflected onto another one. Then I use a
spherical camera in the center, looking down and render it at a res of 128x128
pixels. The rendered image should be a small square looking black in the center
and blue near the edges... but that's not what happens. I think I'm not setting
my camera correctly. Anybody knows where is my mystake? Thanks!