POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : grass blowing in the wind (animation) : Re: grass blowing in the wind (animation) Server Time
17 May 2024 02:53:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass blowing in the wind (animation)
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Sep 2010 05:25:00
Message: <web.4c93328a40e56284196b08580@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I couldn't see it.  Is there a plug-in somewhere?

You're probably missing the Xvid encoder/decoder (the overall MPEG codec I
used.)  Get it here...

www.xvid.org

Once you install it (very easy), it will automatically allow your
animation-viewing app--such as Windows Media Player or whatever--to open and
play the file. You shouldn't have to tweak any of Xvid's settings (of which
there are many, mostly for encoding.)

Note that animations uploaded to POV-Ray have a default .dat container added.
That doesn't cause any problems--the file is still the .avi file I intended--it
just causes Windows Media Player (for example) to not *automatically* open the
animation; you might instead be prompted to 'choose an application to play the
video.'

Hope this helps.

Ken