POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help setting up camera for orbit : Re: Help setting up camera for orbit Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:59:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help setting up camera for orbit
From: bobsta
Date: 16 Sep 2010 08:35:01
Message: <web.4c920e8c4444b3bc6ac940d0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the reply. I wrote a c++ program to write the .pov file based on a
parameter file which specifies the number of orbits, start, stop and step
angles.

This works fine. Executing the jobs in parallel takes approximately 30 s on a 4
core Intel Xeon 2.66GHz linux box for two distinct structures and two arcs, viz.
four orbits (one for each structure and arc combination).

> No.
> You can use other options: (from fastest, cruder, to slowest and nicest)

Speed is of the utmost importance: quick and dirty is okay! However with +Q0
switch set and simple pigment i.e.

texture {
  pigment {
   color rgb <1.00, 0.0, 0.0>
  }
  }

for each mesh2 object shadows are still rendered!!

Sample .pov file

#include "/home/mark/2step/PTV.inc"
camera {
   perspective
   location <0 100 0>
   up <0,0,-1>
   right <-1.33,0,0>
   angle 11.99
   look_at <0 0 0>
rotate -z*(178+(clock*-356))
}
 light_source { <0,10,0> color rgb 1 }

object{PTV translate <-0.34173,-19.6812,-25.5002>}

Below is the script I generate which uses the parallel program to execute the
jobs on different CPUs.

rayTracing.sh

#!/bin/bash
parallel 8 povray -D mlc[Synergy]+Q0 +KFF178 +I/home/mark/2step/PTV0.pov
povray -D mlc[Synergy]+Q0 +KFF178 +I/home/mark/2step/Rektum0.pov
povray -D mlc[Synergy]+Q0 +KFF178 +I/home/mark/2step/PTV1.pov
povray -D mlc[Synergy]+Q0 +KFF178 +I/home/mark/2step/Rektum1.pov

I experimented by setting up 6 light_sources at <10,0,0> <-10,0,0> <0,10,0>
<0,-10 0> <0,0,10> <0,0,-10> . This didn't improve matters and increased the
ratracing time from 30 to 45 seconds! Clearly I am missing something here. Any
suggestions??