POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help setting up camera for orbit : Re: Help setting up camera for orbit Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:58:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help setting up camera for orbit
From: bobsta
Date: 14 Sep 2010 06:00:00
Message: <web.4c8f467d4444b3bc6ac940d0@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> The rotation in a rotate statement is not limited to 360 degrees. rotate
> <1000, -557, 10> is perfectly legal.

Does this statement mean rotate 1000 (+40 degrees) about x, -197 (+163) degrees
about y and 10 degrees about z. Or does it define a rotation axis
<1000,-557,10>? Could you point me to the relevant part of the documentation?

I think the easiest solution to my particular requirements is to write a C++
wrapper program to generate the necessary code for the desired rotation in the
..pov file.

In my previous post I was trying to ask if one could pass command line arguments
for the start and stop angle variables, which would be used to correctly
initialise the corresponding variables at run-time.

eg. povray +Q0 +I<fileName>... <param1=startAngle> <param2=stopAngle>

But since I am already auomatically generating the .inc and an unix script to
execute the .pov file(s) in parallel I might as well set the start and stop
parameters by generating the .pov correctly at run time, i.e. generate a bespoke
..pov file based on user input to my program, and then execute the unix script to
do the raytracing.

Is it possible to define an isotropic light source on the (shell) surface of a
sphere and direct all light rays at the origin: Basically I am only using povray
to do very crude raycasting to determine the projection of an anatomical
structure.

Mark