POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction : Re: Web page construction Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page construction
From: nemesis
Date: 12 Sep 2010 14:15:00
Message: <web.4c8d181c6a6928bc400de6340@news.povray.org>
> OK, here's a couple of little questions that somebody here might know
> the answer to...
>
> 1. Suppose I have something like
>
>    <h1>Introduction</h2>
>    ...real content...
>
> Without any CSS, this renders as something like
>
>    Introduction
>

>    (Show/hide)
>
>    ...real content...
>
> Is there some way I can style it so that it shows up more like
>
>    Introduction
>    (Show/hide)
>

>    ...real content...

* { padding: 0; margin: 0; }
div { margin-top: 3em; }

> or even
>
>    Introduction (Show/hide)
>

>    ...real content...

* { padding: 0; margin: 0; }
h1, .buttons { display: inline; }
div { margin-top: 3em; }

> 2. I want to build a file tree where you can collapse or expand tree
> nodes. The obvious way to do this is with the <ul> element.

no, the obvious way in this day and age is to just use jQuery:

http://jquery.org/

like:
http://homework.nwsnet.de/news/ea21_turn-nested-lists-into-a-collapsible-tree-with-jquery

And if you are fed up with web design and web pages and want to develop web apps
instead, go for http://cappuccino.org/

Both big, damn-useful and open-source frameworks of pure cross-platform
javascript glory.  No doubt one of the most relevant languages today...