POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: AS
Date: 11 Sep 2010 16:40:00
Message: <web.4c8be8a0cc8a6bf677b5d7050@news.povray.org>
The Challenge is of course in stereo, therefore it must include a picture which
is in stereo (S3D) itself, imagined as rendered by one of the state-of-the-art
S3D displays.

Alternatively, use a model such as in a toy railway model. Or imagine a stage
play featuring a stage designer presenting a model of that very stage.

The more advanced art is to intermingle the levels in the style of Escher. I can
also imagine a scene that changes slightly in the course of the animation so
that we are suddenly in the next plane, without noticing a threshold.

I think the creator of the little animation linked above (who is otherwise
unknown to me) did a good job in terms of design - look at the right bottom
corner in particular. The technical realization doesn't quite match up, however.

My point in this thread is: S3D gives us yet another dimension of illusion, on
top of animation.