POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texturing the inside of a hollow hemisphere : Re: Texturing the inside of a hollow hemisphere Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing the inside of a hollow hemisphere
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Sep 2010 16:10:00
Message: <web.4c8a9005e8b7098e196b08580@news.povray.org>
Since you're trying to keep all of the textures as part of your macro (and not
added later), here's an idea (I haven't tried it though) that uses Jim's
suggestion of inside_texture, but done differently:

#macro dome(position, rayon, insideTexture, outsideTexture)
     difference{
       difference{
           sphere{position, rayon*1.11 texture{outsideTexture}}
           sphere{position, rayon
                texture{pigment{rgb .5}} // any color at all, for the 'outside'
                                         // of this dome shape
                texture{insideTexture}
         }
         box{position-<rayon*1.11,0,rayon*1.11>,
 position+<rayon*1.11,rayon*1.11,rayon*1.11>}
     }
 #end

Due to the fact that, for any object, an inside_texture needs a preceding
texture (an 'outside' one) to work at all, the idea is that the 'outside' of the
'inner' dome shape gets some kind of arbitrary texture first (which will not be
seen in your case--hopefully!), *then* an inside_texture can be applied to it.

Again, just a suggestion; I'd be curious to know if it works!

Ken W.