POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : grass blowing in the wind (animation) : grass blowing in the wind (animation) Server Time
17 May 2024 02:34:30 EDT (-0400)
  grass blowing in the wind (animation)
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Sep 2010 02:20:03
Message: <web.4c89cc1ba3a1e657196b08580@news.povray.org>
See
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4c89c03947870ce5196b08580%40news.povray.org%3E/

for notes on this scene.

640X480, with some motion blur and camera shake. Compressed with the Xvid MPEG
compressor. Sorry for the somewhat small image size; my original animation was
actually done at 1024 X 768 (without AA), but that produced a *large* MPEG file
(MPEG doesn't seem to like all those constantly-moving grass blades.)

I let POV-Ray do the downsizing (as a post-processed copying step), using AA at
that stage, plus image_map interpolation. (The whole subject of using AA while
downsizing images is an interesting one--which I'll leave 'til a later date!)
The 640X480 result was OK, but a bit 'smooth' (or a bit blurry, take your pick.)
Xvid has some nice animation 'filters' built-in, so I used 'sharpen' to bring
back some of the image detail.  Xvid has its own downsizing filter, too, but I
decided to give the chore to POV, in order to experiment.

Ken W.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'grass_waving.avi.dat' (3819 KB)