POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: Diabolo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diabolo
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 7 Sep 2010 06:50:01
Message: <web.4c86189fc3fe88d56dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I can't catch. Literally, somebody will throw something to me from a few
> feet away, and I can't catch it. I'm hopeless.

Well, perhaps you have a little further to go than some, but catching is a skill
that must be learned and practiced like any other. It definitely helps to have
some skill at catching already, but even people who can catch well find learning
to juggle a little tricky at first. There's a tendency to instinctively throw
away from yourself, so you need to relearn the throw/catch reflex.

I've known people who were hopeless at catching learn to juggle. There are some
good tutorials on youtube if you don't know anyone who can teach you!

Or just get really good at the diabolo. As you say, it does look cool :)