POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Diabolo : Re: Diabolo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diabolo
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 7 Sep 2010 05:25:00
Message: <web.4c8604abc3fe88d56dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > Diabolo isn't too hard providing you take a bit of time - I think the basics are
> > no harder than learning to juggle a regular 3-ball shower. It does look cool
> > though!
>
> I can't juggle, and I don't suppose I ever will. It's far too hard.

It's not as hard as you think, but it does require some patience, which is where
most people fall down in my experience. Thinking back, perhaps it does require
more time than a diabolo.

> > You should try the devil's stick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_stick) too
> > - quite a bit harder, but some of the tricks are much more dynamic and
> > impressive.
>
> Yeah, they had one of those too. It looks very boring to watch though.

Just knocking it back and forth in the pendulum doesn't look that great, but
that's just the tickover between tricks - the throws and twirling are cool!