POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Current state of object bending? : Re: Current state of object bending? Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Current state of object bending?
From: arblick spule
Date: 3 Sep 2010 14:40:00
Message: <web.4c813fe25c43f281e35062cb0@news.povray.org>
SharkD <pos### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> It would be cool if there were a "bones" macro library that works like
> armitures do in Poser/Blender. Ideally one that supports
> interoperability with these programs to some degree, so that I can tweak
> things in POVray itself instead of having to open and load the other
> programs and perform an export every time I need to make a change.
>

> --
> http://isometricland.com

Have a look at the messy code bundle in the "Advanced users" section under "I
had to post it here".

Kinda my take on the Character Studio from 3DSMAX but done in POV.
Possibilities could be endless if anyone wants to take up the torch.

I was thinking that you could use the bone structure to translate objects or -
more bravely - set up a mesh-skin and weight vertices to each bone a la 3DSMAX.

I might give it another go myself, but not now.  The pub beckons!