POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : SU2POV USERS : Re: SU2POV USERS Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SU2POV USERS
From: arq3design
Date: 2 Sep 2010 14:50:01
Message: <web.4c7ff1b7d6ddfbb7dd90e9900@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > Hello
> >
> > First, an apology. My English is not very good, but try to explain. I'm at
> > Pov-Ray to render,and made the model with Sketchup. I wonder if there is any
> > user working with this plug-in. I've done some work as a hobby, but I still need
> > much to learn. I use version 3.6 for export files, and finally rendered with the
> > latest beta version.
> >
> > I would appreciate if someone could tell me some website where I could  find
> > information about materials, especially crystals, which is difficult to me to
> > understand.I visited many websites related to this program, but all are of
> > direct users, I mean, they do not export the model, and its hard to me to
> > understand how  to include materiales changes I need. The type of images that
> > I've done are architectural design.
> >
> >      thanks for your time.
> >

> > Greetings.
> >

> When you mention "crystals", are you thinking of tranparent materials,
> or geometric shapes like those the crystals can grow into?
>
> Anyway, for the first case, and many examples of the second, you need
> mostly transparent pigments, some reflection, an index of refraction and
> some colour fading.
> I can give you a sample of what it can look like:
>
> material{
>
> pigment{rgbt 0.97} // mostly transparent
>
> finish{diffuse 0.1 ambient 0 specular 0.7 roughness 0.001
> reflection{0.1, 0.99 fresnel} conserve_energy}
> // add some highlights and variable reflection
> // fresnel usualy make reflection look more natural
>
> interior{ior 1.9
> // turn on refraction and can cause total internal reflection
> dispersion 1.01 dispersion_samples 10
> // causes chromatic dispersion to occurs
> fade_color<1,1,0> fade_distance 1 fade_power 1001
> // colours the interior of the object. The exact tint
> // depends on the length of the trajectory inside the object
> // and the fade_distance.
> }
>
> }
>
> For this to show the best result, you need some environment and possibly
> a few light_source.
>

> Alain

    Hello Alain:

      First of all thanks. I mean "Glasses", specific, architectural or
furniture glasses.

As I said to Christian and JR, I want to get a good material for a tempered
glass dining table. I tested with different types of F_Glass, and do not get the
result I want. I tried to include the variation of Interior glass, but can not
get to run the file.

This is an example of how the material I have currently, is the closest thing
I've gotten what I need, but are, for my taste, too much reflection. Could you
give me some advice?.

#declare Cristal_Mesa = texture {

    pigment { color rgbf <0.05,0.05,0.05,0.40>}

    finish { F_Glass5 }

}

Thank you again.

Good Day