POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : SU2POV USERS : Re: SU2POV USERS Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:04:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SU2POV USERS
From: arq3design
Date: 2 Sep 2010 14:40:01
Message: <web.4c7fee2dd6ddfbb7dd90e9900@news.povray.org>
J R Houck <jho### [at] northrimnet> wrote:
> On 8/21/2010 10:06 PM, arq3design wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > First, an apology. My English is not very good, but try to explain. I'm at
> > Pov-Ray to render,and made the model with Sketchup. I wonder if there is any
> > user working with this plug-in. I've done some work as a hobby, but I still need
> > much to learn. I use version 3.6 for export files, and finally rendered with the
> > latest beta version.
> >
> > I would appreciate if someone could tell me some website where I could  find
> > information about materials, especially crystals, which is difficult to me to
> > understand.I visited many websites related to this program, but all are of
> > direct users, I mean, they do not export the model, and its hard to me to
> > understand how  to include materiales changes I need. The type of images that
> > I've done are architectural design.
> >
> >      thanks for your time.
> >

> > Greetings.
> >

> I don't know if this will specifically answer your question, but perhaps
> it will point you in a useful direction.
>
> I use SU2POV on some of my projects and you'll need to "hand edit" the
> .pov file that SU2POV plugin exports (saves) to get your material
> changes accomplished. SU2POV does not, at the present, allow much
> adjustment of textures directly from inside the plugin and many of the
> finish and texture parameters can only be done by hand editing.
>
> Here's what I do:
>
> 1. Create the objects in SketchUp.
> 2. Attach some basic "place holder" textures to the objects. These
> textures will be saved in the .pov file in the next step.
> 3. Invoke the SU2POV plugin and save the file.
> 4. Do a simple test render to make sure that the scene is pretty much
> how I want it.
> 5. Open the .pov file in either a text editor or the IDE (Windows only)
> and hand edit the "place holder" textures to get the results you want.
> You can change practically all the parameters for textures, color,
> finishes, etc. by hand.
> 5. Set up final rendering, etc.
>
> As for learning about materials, etc in POVray, about the only thing I
> can suggest is to read the POVray documentation, most of what you'll
> need to know it there. There are a number of .inc in the POVray install
> directory that you can study or use to create your textures.
>
> I'm afraid I can't help you much with your "crystal" question other than
> to advise you to continue searching the 'net.
>
> Cheers.

 Hello JR:

      Thanks for you time. I'm already know hoy to make materials changes in the
POV-RAY  file,basic changes, but when I'm tried to adjust glass, I just don't
get what I wanted, and unfortunately there is not much Spanish pages where to
learn. But the good one is that recently, the SU2POV plug in have a new release
that include more predetermined materials. I will see what I can get with this
new plug in.

     Have a nice day.