POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : SU2POV USERS : Re: SU2POV USERS Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SU2POV USERS
From: arq3design
Date: 2 Sep 2010 14:25:01
Message: <web.4c7fe85ed6ddfbb7dd90e9900@news.povray.org>
> > I would appreciate if someone could tell me some website where I could  find
> > information about materials, especially crystals, which is difficult to me to
> > understand
>
> Do you wish to export materials from sketchup or do you wish
> to know how to apply materials to the exported geometry from
> sketchup? In the latter case, people can help without knowing
> sketchup, just post a small sample how the exported code looks
> like and what you wish to change.

 Hello, Christian:

    I wish to know hoy to change material properties  to the exported geometry
from Sketchup, specifically glass material. I can't get a realistic temperate
glass ( for a dining table). I've tried with all the F_Glass types, and the
glass still not look as well as I wanted, it looks more like a dark mirror.

This is the material :

#declare Cristal_Mesa = texture {

    pigment { color rgbf <0.05,0.05,0.05,0.40>}

    finish { F_Glass5 }

I wish to  know how to work the Glass_Interior.

                  Thanks a lot for your time.