POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : imperial vs metric : Re: imperial vs metric Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: imperial vs metric
From: nemesis
Date: 28 Aug 2010 19:05:00
Message: <web.4c7995992ce1a5d81d5b3dfa0@news.povray.org>
> I'm not saying metric isn't easier. I'm pointing out that imperial stuff,
> since it's based on people, is very poor at measuring things that aren't
> approximately relevant to people, like the weight of planets or the size of
> atoms.

It's not just that: imperial isn't precise.  I asked before and it was ignored,
but should I measure 10 foot to be the distance traveled by my 10 of my steps or
10 of my daughter steps?

Besides, you need to put true mental calculations at work to convert between
units, instead of simply moving the point forward or backwards between
centimeters, meters and kilometers...