POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow : Re: Wow Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow
From: nemesis
Date: 22 Aug 2010 08:40:00
Message: <web.4c71198e7f4b1dd21d5b3dfa0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   In countries where winter is long and very cold, surviving is harder
> than in countries where the climate is more moderate the entire year.
> The climate causes a significant emphasis on agriculture and farming,
> especially due to the harsh winter conditions. Surviving in such a
> climate requires significantly more work. This inevitably affects the
> culture of the people compared to warmer countries.

no doubt.  All the heat may also be an invitation for a siesta or a quick visit
to the beach or the local river.  All of which is aggravated by the fact that a
global capitalist society demands europe-fashioned business suits everywhere, be
it cold or warm...

OTOH, I guess aside from farmers, programmers around the world still put about
the same amount of work everywhere.  Isolated from the weather by air
conditioning, the most heat we experience is from the CPU and our brains...