POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to prevent overlapping random objects? : Re: how to prevent overlapping random objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to prevent overlapping random objects?
From: Simone
Date: 16 Aug 2010 02:00:06
Message: <web.4c68d27cd03a138b7fd0e21e0@news.povray.org>
Thanks to all of you for the great advice!
I will consider all of it and try around a little to improve my poor POV-Ray
skills when it comes to things like arrays, macros and the like ...

The halton sequence is really a cool piece of code, I tried it and it renders
very quickly. I can imagine it's also useful for all kinds of things, like
abstract cityscapes, floating objects and things like that.
At first it seemed to me really miraculous how it worked, but I managed to put
the output values in a text object and now I slowly start to understand the
workings of macros a little, I hope.

Best wishes,

Simone