POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray cannot read ini file : Re: POV-Ray cannot read ini file Server Time
4 May 2024 19:44:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray cannot read ini file
From: kbogoski
Date: 11 Aug 2010 10:45:01
Message: <web.4c62b7561a8155a8519590f00@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 8:46 PM, kbogoski wrote:
> > "Cannot open INI file 'C:Documents and Settings/Owner/My
> > Documents/POV_Ray/v3.6/ini/povray.ini'
> >
> > I have the INI file in My Documents as well as the POV-Ray folder.  The
> > povray.ini is in both folders.
> >
> > I do not understand why the program can't read it.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >

> Hi Karen and welcome.

> Tools > Edit master POVRAY.INI?

> If so I would uninstall PovRay and reinstall it.
>

> Best Regards,
>  Stephen

Hello Stephen,

When I follow that path, the Tools menu only gives me "Help On this Menu" and
"Re-load Tool Menu."

I've tried moving the INI file and rerouting the path, with no luck.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I have 3.6 and 3.7 and they both have
trouble with the INI file.  that's why I'm so frustrated with it.