POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Benchmark.pov update before release : Re: Benchmark.pov update before release Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Benchmark.pov update before release
From: JJ
Date: 9 Aug 2010 09:00:01
Message: <web.4c5ffa9280488a8c6cdadb0b0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:
> On 25/05/2010 2:29 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
Hello,

I tried 3.7 beta version, after serious problems with glass texture, media and
gamma, now I see that for several povray files the 3.7 SMP version is slower
than older 3.6 version (using only one core).
Hardware processor is core I7 870.

For core I7, the frequence is increased if you use only one core.

Did you saw something like this with the last POVRAY 3.7 SMP version.
With one povray file including glass texture, rendering time was 3 minutes using
3.6 single core and 12 minutes using 3.7 SMP.

Best regards,

JJ