POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7.0.beta.38 Ubuntu build segmentation fault : Re: 3.7.0.beta.38 Ubuntu build segmentation fault Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7.0.beta.38 Ubuntu build segmentation fault
From: waggy
Date: 4 Aug 2010 10:15:00
Message: <web.4c5975cc64150308f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" wrote:
> ok, really weird, but it only seems to seg-fault when I use the leaf-texture
> Waggy posted in my thread in p.general
>
> here's the output from a run through gdb:
> [New Thread 0xb515bb70 (LWP 13652)]
> [New Thread 0xb495ab70 (LWP 13653)]
> [Thread 0xb495ab70 (LWP 13653) exited]
> [New Thread 0xb495ab70 (LWP 13654)]
> [Thread 0xb495ab70 (LWP 13654) exited]
> [New Thread 0xb495ab70 (LWP 13655)]
> [New Thread 0xb3df7b70 (LWP 13656)]
> [New Thread 0xb35f6b70 (LWP 13657)]
> File 'lm_pattern.inc' line 26: Possible Parse Error: Recursive function calls
>  are not allowed!
[snip]

Ah, I forgot to include my standard warnings.  The following should go near the
top of the code.

// WARNING: Declare this function first in a scene.

// WARNING: This recursive function is invalid SDL and can crash POV-Ray.

If you have a recursive function in an include file, include it before all
others in case they have a function declaration.  Also, as I recall, you can
only get away with breaking the no recursion rule with one function in a scene.

I hope this helps.

~David