POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to visualize what you want? : Re: how to visualize what you want? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to visualize what you want?
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Aug 2010 13:15:00
Message: <web.4c584e19f4e69ab4773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
> Am 01.08.2010 21:02, schrieb Patrick Elliott:
>
> > Tried to follow a tutorial a while back, which included some UV export
> > and stuff, so you could draw to the mesh pattern, etc. (which, imho,
> > doesn't work worth shit. We need a full editor, including clipping,
> > etc., where you can edit face by face, or groups of faces, or something
> > sane, not the "export a wireframe and how you know which parts apply to
> > the original"). As far as I know, no one has ever made such a thing. :(
>
> Sculptris is a freeware tool

was.  ZBrush makers bought the developer. :)

come on, it was one of the most commented news last week among CG forums...

> that (besides being fun to use as a
> modeller) allows you to paint directly on your mesh in 3D space

yeah, just like in Blender.  But truth be told, Sculptris had far better
sculpting capability, thanks for the dynamic tesselation thing.  You can
literally draw your whole sculpt out of a single ball.  Blender sculpt needs at
least a rough base mesh containing right proportions, otherwise you may get some
hyperdense detailless areas among far less dense areas in need of much detail.
It's more useful for detailing rather than creating.