POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hang on render : Re: hang on render Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hang on render
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 29 Jul 2010 12:30:01
Message: <web.4c51ac0acb6ca2759e1c416d0@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 07/28/2010 10:34 PM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> > I've been attempting to model a 3d attractor in povray using the following code.
>
> didn't hang for me, however when i substituted:
> #debug concat(vstr(3,pA,",",0,4), "\n")
>
> into the code the vectors are ALL coming back as nan,nan,nan
>
> Jim

The problem might be an inferior school laptop, it is only a 32-bit machine.

When I try it on my desktop machine (Mac G5 quad-core 64-bit OS 10.4.11) it
seems to run, but I still get no good image. I have to use 10.6 because the new
beta only runs under 10.5+, apparently.

maybe it's something with beta 35a specifically, but I can't think what.

as for the attractor, I got the math from this site:

http://softologyblog.wordpress.com/category/chaos/page/2/

it's the Rampe3 Attractor.

A.D.B.