POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Current state of object bending? : Current state of object bending? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Current state of object bending?
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 29 Jul 2010 09:50:01
Message: <web.4c51863280fb80f085627c70@news.povray.org>
Hi folks... long time no see.  (Sorry)
I'm finally getting back into POV-Ray after a long series of largely
unproductive distractions. The project I'm starting with would go much easier if
I knew more about the best way(s) to "bend" an object created with CSG.  I
started to do a bit of online research and came across a reference to "Object
Bender" by Chris Colefax.  The link was, of course, broken.  As is often the
case with looking up info on POV-Ray, there is quite a bit to sort through (a
task I shall return to immediately upon posting this). In the meantime, I'm
hoping some kind person might point me toward the best and most current info on
the topic.

Is "Object Bender" by Chris Colefax still the way to go?

Can it still be found, and if so, where?

What alternatives should I be aware of?

Many thanks in advance for all replies.

Best Regards,
Mike C.