POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hang on render : hang on render Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  hang on render
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 28 Jul 2010 21:40:00
Message: <web.4c50dab1e61329d79e1c416d0@news.povray.org>
I've been attempting to model a 3d attractor in povray using the following code.

#declare Delta_T = 50000;
#declare T1 = 500000;
#declare T0 = T1 - Delta_T;

union {
#local pA = <3.0, 6.9, 4.2>;
#local Aleph = 0;
#while(Aleph <= 1000)
#debug concat(str(Aleph,0,0), "\n")
#local nA = <pA.x*pA.z*sin(.3*pA.x)-cos(.2*pA.y),
               pA.y*pA.x*sin(.5*pA.y)-cos(.4*pA.z),
               pA.z*pA.y*sin(.7*pA.z)-cos(.6*pA.x)>;
#local pA = nA;

sphere { pA, 0.05 }

#local Aleph = Aleph + 1;
#end
    }

I'm using a default pigment atm to lower the memory requirements, but it still
hangs after calculating all the positions.  I know it's looping through all the
calculations because of the debug statement, so I can't figure out why it hangs.
 my only thought is that it's trying to create bounding boxes for thousands of
tiny objects and having a conniption.
At the current setting of 1000 it hangs for several hours and does nothing. can
anyone advise me on this?

I'm running 3.7 beta 35 on a fujitsu lifebook with Ubuntu lucid and KDE

A.D.B.