POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : csg drawing : Re: csg drawing Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: csg drawing
From: optima
Date: 28 Jul 2010 07:15:01
Message: <web.4c5010c3cd9ee7f16556a6ea0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am sure this question has been asked many times before but I am really
> > lost on this. How can I draw cabinet countertops(marble) using povray csg
> > functions? Or is there somthing better suited for this task in povray,
> > another command etc.
>
>    A simple countertop can be done using CSG with just a union of a box, four
> spheres on the corners and four cylinders along the edges. Or you can use
> superellipsoids, or even isosurfaces with the f_rounded_box function.
>

> --
> Jaime Vives Piqueres
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org

Jaime, thanks for answering, actually I asked the question wrongly, a normal
cabinet countertop can be made from povray's own BOX or a box shape I exported
from 3d max.

How about corner cabinets, they are not rectangle shaped when you look at them
from top down but irregular shapes, not box shapes.

What function is best for this purpose? I appreciate your answers.