POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: AS
Date: 26 Jul 2010 11:35:00
Message: <web.4c4da9f1cc8a6bf66ff4b3d90@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> > why would a genuine, 1:1 representation of 3D reality be "4D" (except
> > perhaps
> > for animation taking time into account)?
>
> The universe being built up of 11D strings, I wait for the 11D TV set, for
> the total experience :-)
>
> Thomas

Infinite dimensional Hilbert space featuring full correction of any Heisenberg
blur is going to come soon, rumors say. I think Google are on it, or was it
Warner Bros.?

4D = Stereo video, 4th dimension being time. In cases of computed images we
speak of stereo animation, you got it, nemesis. Nothing new in terms of
technology, but artistic creativity is still somewhat lagging behind.

AS (Dr. phil. nat., not so easy to buzz)