POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: AS
Date: 26 Jul 2010 03:45:01
Message: <web.4c4d3c18cc8a6bf6f8a7606c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> http://wiki.povray.org/
>
> obviously.

Hi, Forgeron,

I just took a first glance at your website. Although I didn't find stereo
images, I'm sure you are the kind of person to delve at the topic.

The wiki you mentioned is of course known to me, but I don't feel I should post
there. (Shyness is not my problem; I post to other wikis where I'm more of an
expert.) If you or anyone could start the topic there, I would be very pleased.

In the newsgroups, I think a group "stereo" should be founded, analogous to
"animation". "Stereo animation" will come later ...

@ViewMaster fans: Nostalgia is not open to arguments, but for much better a
stereo experience you have your computer. For instructions, go to stereo
photography forums (I don't know any in Dutch, but 3dforum.net in English and
stereoforum.org in German, or read the user help of Stereopteryx). Stereo
raytracing, I feel, still needs more discussion, although I do not claim to know
all existing resources. Many considerations are common to photographed and
computed stereoscopy anyway.

I'm looking forward to the "genuine 3D" resp. 4D era. (BTW: terminology should
be standardized, "3D" being currently used for stereo as well.)

AS