POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now I understand the reason for Vista : Re: Now I understand the reason for Vista Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now I understand the reason for Vista
From: Aydan
Date: 21 Jul 2010 11:50:00
Message: <web.4c47166b713e69443771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
I went more or less from W2k (used until late 2008) to XP to W7 (January 2010)
and I have to say that I was positively surprised about it.
OK, a few things are hidden quite well and take some getting used to.
I never even touched Vista and only heard the rumours around me.
When I checked out W7RC on my trusty old Athlon 3000+ with 2GB RAM and a ATI
Radeon 2400HD AGP graphics card it ran quire well even with all the graphical
gimmicks enabled. I have to say I was quite impressed.

So I have to say Microsoft did quite well with W7.

Regards
Aydan