POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now I understand the reason for Vista : Re: Now I understand the reason for Vista Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now I understand the reason for Vista
From: nemesis
Date: 21 Jul 2010 09:45:00
Message: <web.4c46f8d7713e694459ae87430@news.povray.org>
All very true, no need for using humor as a shield.

on a side note, I just bought a cheap Acer Aspire notebook to bring on my
vacation trip.  I intended to give Microsoft a chance this time around, but W7
Starter Edition is limited in such annoying small ways... while featurewise it's
got pretty much everything in place and I don't bother not having Aero glass
interface on limited hardware, it's the small senseless limitations that really
kill it:  not being able to change the wallpaper, not being able to copy image
URLs in ie (this at least you can do by viewing the page source or, hopefully,
installing another browser) and a few others I'm not sure are limitations of W7S
or Windows in general, like not being able to activate ie's Content Supervisor
per user (like my daughter)... it's set for everyone!

in the end, I feel I just need Ubuntu here...  W7S feels more like Windows
Shareware Edition... but strangely enough, the so-touted 3-apps limitation did
not show up so far...