POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Crystal made of millions of atoms : Re: Crystal made of millions of atoms Server Time
5 Jul 2024 03:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crystal made of millions of atoms
From: gregjohn
Date: 17 Jul 2010 09:35:01
Message: <web.4c41b09d2122fbf434d207310@news.povray.org>
"Tomohiro" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to build an image of a crystal made of a lot of atoms
> and chemical bonds. I wrote a following source file, but it is very
> heavy and sometimes causes shortage of memory. Also, it is very slow.

One potential solution would be to create only those items which are in the
field of view at the moment. It would just require some creative bounding in
your for-next loops.  In theory you could explore infinite space but only PARSE
the items which will happen to be in the field of view at the moment.