POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: AS
Date: 16 Jul 2010 08:20:00
Message: <web.4c404dbecc8a6bf639741c3e0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> "AS" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
> My question is how you view those large sized images?
> You need to scale them down in order to get them both on screen, no doubt?
> and a viewer?

As I wrote before, I use the free software Stereopteryx
(http://www.midicond.de/Freeware/index_en.html#Stereopteryx), which can scale
down the images to give you an overall view, and quickly zoom into any detail
such as that marvelous chalk rock island to the left of "balcony". No glasses,
no viewer, no crossing of eyes or fingers.

There has been quite a lot of discussion in photography forums about taking and
viewing stereo photos. Also, stunning examples in high resolutions abound, e.g.
at the portal "Flickr" (http://www.flickr.com/groups/stereo/). Raytracers seem
to be somewhat behind, as far as I noticed, whence my initiative here.

Actually some people are known to use Stereopteryx (or StereoPhotoMaker)
together with their viewing hardware, such as a conventional prism or mirror
stereoscope or even two polarizing beamers, used with suitable glasses! I own
neither and do not feel I'm missing out at the moment. But, to repeat myself
once more, history is not at its end yet.