POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : povray different shading models list : Re: povray different shading models list Server Time
5 Jul 2024 03:59:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray different shading models list
From: Mr
Date: 15 Jul 2010 06:55:00
Message: <web.4c3ee878df4fb4b5cc6c3e310@news.povray.org>
> Am 13.07.2010 00:27, schrieb Mr:
> > Like, is it possible to specify a starting count vector and "rotate" it by my
> > angle even though the look at seems to just be a position? (I have access to
> > matrices too, and am willing to learn more about those if needed).
>
> Check out the vrotate() function.

I checked the documentation and maybe that section got me something even closer
to what I need: vaxis_rotate(A,B,F), which if I understood properly will allow
me to rotate the lamp locally around its own center rather then the origin.
Anyway between this and vrotate() I should be able to do what I want. Povray is
wonderfull. Thanks!