POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Simple animation-creation software? : Re: Simple animation-creation software? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple animation-creation software?
From: maxst
Date: 15 Jul 2010 01:50:01
Message: <web.4c3ea0338e97becb14f2c9f00@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I used to like Dave's Targa Animator.  I just tried running dta3.exe and
> dtawin.exe on a Vista 64bit machine and they both ran.  I wish DTA were still
> supported - I believe the latest version came out in 1999.

Another interesting option would be APNG Assembler:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/apngasm/files/

Dave's Targa Animator was great for creating FLIC files, but these days APNG is
more promising.

Command line examples:

apngasm output.png frame*.tga

apngasm output.png frame*.png 1 25

It creates apng from tga/png image sequence (frame delay is 1/25 sec in the
second example)