POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: StephenS
Date: 12 Jul 2010 06:30:01
Message: <web.4c3aed66cc8a6bf6d785a3810@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> surely he's a great fan of your anaglyphs! :)  Really, I don't know anyone  else
> who's been povving in stereo... :)

Thank you. The choose of stereo in general and anaglyph in particular was
because of so little competition.

> * anaglyph loses color info
Yes, that's why some of me pictures are gray scale instead.

> * anaglyph requires glasses not readily available (and my cheap hand-made
> cellophane one doesn't really offer such a marvelous experience)
> * very few people are able to visualize cross-view or parallel-view stereograms
> without getting pain or angry at not getting it
I have this problem, the %1 of the time I get it, is to much work for the
result.

> in short:  very few people are able to watch 3D content either because they lack
> glasses or patience or skill or whatever.
>
> I don't think 3D TVs with glasses will ever become popular.
I would like to get this one day. The 3d shutter glasses I think give the best
3d results.

Stephen S