POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! : Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More stereo coverage (pics, scenes, instructions), please!
From: AS
Date: 12 Jul 2010 03:45:01
Message: <web.4c3ac750cc8a6bf65dbf76e00@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:
> > What do you mean? "Shining"
> Really, I don't know anyone else
> who's been povving in stereo... :)

Well, I know a few, who can easily be googled. In fact I am one myself, but I
don't publish povs. Also, I rerender other people's code in stereo to my own
perfect pleasure. For viewing, my friends and I use Stereopteryx (free software,
no glasses) and none of us finds it difficult or painful. To be sure, this is
not the last word of history.

As for "camera" syntax, such an improvement is certainly desirable and has been
desired frequently, which by the way proves that there is some interest.
However, shifting two vectors isn't any more of a challenge than all the other
stuff, is it?

The above contributions can all be regarded as votes pro.