POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Hi! Needin' some help with some stuff. : Re: Hi! Needin' some help with some stuff. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 03:50:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi! Needin' some help with some stuff.
From: MCC900
Date: 9 Jul 2010 18:25:01
Message: <web.4c37a05cedcc201f2dd3766a0@news.povray.org>
@clipka

Great!!
I followed your steps and succesfully managed to decrease the parsing time.
I created 4 different patches of grass, giving each one of them a random
rotation as you suggested...
The result is fairly good and the repetition of the grass is completely
imperceptible. By combining this big exstension of grass with one 2x2
grass patch 'attached' to a height map representing a hill, and by adding some
stones and random flowers, I kinda avoided the cold look of a totally flat
field.
I'd post an image but I only rendered a very small version of it, which actually
took 4 hours to render due to the flowers, so...
Thanks a lot for your time.