POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Got bottle : Re: Got bottle Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Got bottle
From: JimT
Date: 6 Jul 2010 09:50:01
Message: <web.4c33335a79f0b2a4984b45000@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Aleph-null green bottles standing on the wall,
> Aleph-null green bottles standing on the wall,
> And if one of those bottles should accidentally fall,
> There'll be Aleph-null green bottles standing on the wall.

Alternatively,

c green bottles standing on the wall,
c green bottles standing on the wall,
And if Aleph_null of those bottles should accidentally fall,
There'll be c green bottles standing on the wall.

though I suppose you need to be as old as me to talk about c rather than Aleph_1

> (Then again, one presumes that the gravitational field generated by a
> countably infinite quantity of green bottles would somewhat exceed the
> Earth's own gravitation. Although, since it fills a transfinite volume
> as well... hmm, interesting.)

If the wall was on earth, the bottles would have to decrease in size, and hence
mass, in order to fit on it, and no, I haven't decided what to do when the
volume of a bottle is less than that of a hydrogen atom.

> My personal favourit:
>
> 99 bottles of TNT standing on the wall,
> 99 bottles of TNT standing on the wall,
> And if one of those bottles should accidentally fall,
> There's be no more bottles of TNT, and no more ****ing wall.

I think it is:

99 bottles of nitro-glycerine ...

nitro being liquid and very susceptible to small shocks. I believe TNT is solid
and stable unless detonated by explosion.