POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Hi! Needin' some help with some stuff. : Re: Hi! Needin' some help with some stuff. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:48:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi! Needin' some help with some stuff.
From: MCC900
Date: 4 Jul 2010 19:05:00
Message: <web.4c311366edcc201f27e72c8f0@news.povray.org>
@StephenS
>One method is to use the trace() function, an example is in the documentation.

Aha!
So I could go tracing rays directly from above the height field and finding the
inresections between them...
Slick! Thanks a lot.

@clipka
>You don't want to make your meshes too "fine-grained" though, as each
>instance still adds some overhead, so you may want to have a larger
>patch of grass per mesh instead of just a single blade. This will also
>speed up parsing time for placing the grass.

That was my first thought as well...
Having a patch of grass with a considerable size...
And having it to repeat over the field.
Still, I'm not sure on how can I achieve this...
How do I assign a patch of grass to a mesh.
Should be simple...
But I'm still a newbie.

>Don't. "assumed_gamma" is not intended for artistic purposes.

Yes. I know.
But what can I do...
I'm a pretty messy person, my codes are dull and I still use assumed_gamma.
You know what they say...
If it ain't broke... ;)
But well, I'll try to throw away those habits when I get down to something more
serious.
Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer me.