POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash Dumps : Re: Crash Dumps Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash Dumps
From: philguy
Date: 29 Jun 2010 19:20:00
Message: <web.4c2a7f21e02f66bea1e5da660@news.povray.org>
I would like to bring this up again as I have been modeling again these days and
crash frequency has been ridiculous. I encountered 14 crashes within a period of
~2h (spread over two sessions). Two of these crashes were
"hard", meaning POV-Ray did not close nicely but instead quit responding. All of
my work was with emission media, if that means anything.

I did note the one thing in common with all these crashes - they all happened at
0x00000001400b5c80. Does that mean there is a problem with my RAM? My computer
runs stable otherwise.

Unrelated: Can I tell the newsgroup server to email me when someone responds to
my thread?