POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win7 woes... : Re: Win7 woes... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win7 woes...
From: Aydan
Date: 24 Jun 2010 12:05:00
Message: <web.4c2381af1a21a33c3771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
Slime <pov### [at] slimelandcom> wrote:
> > Will a better video card help? I bought the cheapest video card I could
>  > find, an nVidia GeForce 210. Better than the onboard video.
>
> I bet it will. The problems you're describing sound almost like you
> don't have hardware acceleration.
>
> Try this and see if it makes anything better: Right click on desktop,
> personalize, scroll down to "basic and high contrast themes" and choose
> "windows 7 basic." This turns off a lot of flashy features like
> transparency on the window borders.
>
> If that partly helps but not all the way, I would definitely try a
> better video card.
>
>   - Slime

Hi,

I'm running Win7 64bit on a Athlon64 X2 4000+ with a Geforce 6600 (256MB) with
Aero active and it's not really sluggish, so the Geforce 210 should be more than
sufficient to handle Aero.
You might have a resource hungry virus scanner for example.
Disconnect your PC from the Network and disable the Antivir. If this speeds
things up you should look for a smarter Antivir.

Regards
Aydan