POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any scenes of the solar system handy? : Re: Any scenes of the solar system handy? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any scenes of the solar system handy?
From: Reactor
Date: 19 Jun 2010 16:00:00
Message: <web.4c1d2113fe45da48350204ac0@news.povray.org>
SharkD <pos### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I want to place my spinner colony in a geo-stationary orbit around
> Jupiter. Anyone have any good looking solar system scenes that I might use?
>
> --
> http://isometricland.com

I do not, but it shouldn't be hard to make a Jovian scene.  Aside from its moons
and possibly Saturn, the other planets will be far enough away that they
wouldn't easily be distinguishable from stars.

  In any case, it would not be possible to have anything in geostationary orbit,
but around Jupiter.  I assume you mean an orbit around Jupiter that tries to
keep the earth in line of sight at all times?

I have to admit, I am intrigued by the whole spinner space colony thing.  I am
going to try my hand at one, but of a slightly different design to let in more
light.

-Reactor