POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contract o= : Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contra= Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contra=
From: gregjohn
Date: 15 Jun 2010 12:55:01
Message: <web.4c17b0173a4a8210a00085090@news.povray.org>
So Markus and Stephen,
These animations wipe out us old men, eh? So let's do animations which don't
wipe us out.  And my hypothesis in this regard has always been that a shorter
time to complete forces a simpler project, and limits the duration of agony for
a poorly designed one.  But I'll toss that idea out for whatever contest design,
youtube or TC-RTC would make the old IRTC Animators produce material again.
Markus, was your promise to *consider* producing, for an "open" TC-RTC round?

FWIW, I don't let myself lose sleep on these, but the 'puter. I set up the total
length, and first have a character doing a walk cycle throughout that total
length.  Then each day I compile an anim of the past night's render, make a few
tweaks, and re-render overnight.