POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Amazon MP3 : Re: Amazon MP3 Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazon MP3
From: mone
Date: 14 Jun 2010 21:10:01
Message: <web.4c16d218f6369269fb1087c90@news.povray.org>
> Apparently Amazon is absolutely desperate to sell me MP3s. I recently
> bought some stuff, so they've given me some credit - which can only be
> used for MP3s.
>
> Has anybody here purchased MP3s from Amazon? How does it work? Is the
> sound quality any good? Do they use extreme DRM?

Hi,

I've downloaded MP3s from Amazon twice. I remember I had to download a nasty
Amazon Download Manager for this, I don't know if this was mandatory but I
didn't find any other way to get hold of the files. Afterwards I had some
problems to find the files on my harddisk, because for some reason I could not
choose the directory to store them in. Bitrates were between 360 and 522 kBit/s.

Cheers,
Simone