POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: nemesis
Date: 9 Jun 2010 22:55:00
Message: <web.4c105329fb36904dc9d4b96f0@news.povray.org>
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>   This is what we get with consoles. People making games work perfectly
> > fine on *that* hardware,
>
> Which is exactly the reason companies like consoles. :-)

yes, and there's really no point in trying to optimize games for PC when
consumers can just throw more hardware at the issue.  Typical PC gamers are not
really running Pentium 4 these days.

Plus, it's much easier to cope with a single static architecture like a console
than the sheer variety of hardware and drivers for PC.  It's always amazing to
see the swann songs for consoles pushing it to the limits than seeing Crysis
running at 2x1080p, 64FSAA, 120FPS by running on a cluster. :)

and then, consoles are typically about shared familiar entertainment on the
living room rather than a lone experience on the basement PC... :P