POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Jun 2010 16:30:00
Message: <web.4c0ab320fc7ba212add30b9c0@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller <pgf### [at] optusnetcomau> wrote:
> On 5/06/2010 3:39 PM, nemesis wrote:
> > this is it!  I name it the "WTF thread of the day" of yesterday.
> >
> > And it is a fan and will get dirty, except you quite likely won't be able to
> > clean it except by getting it to maintenance.  Lesson to be learned here:
> > underneath all shiny and neato things there's always a lot of dirt. :P
> >

> I take that 'WTF' as disagreeing with me.

nope, sorry.  About the whole thread.  Only replied to your by sheer lazyness.
:P

> By its nature there is a large amount of dusty and dirty air being
> passed through the device.  Number of trips to maintenance thus far is
> zero.  Apparent loss of functionality due to the inevitable (you say)
> buildup of dirt is zero.

Isn't a vacuum cleaner designed to be cleaned and have the dirt properly
"captured" and packaged?  I don't think that's the point of this device, which
is to just get the blades out of sight (and, possibly, cleaning maintenance)...