POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : To Edouard Poor: parse error with camera35mm.inc in POV version 3.7 : Re: To Edouard Poor: parse error with camera35mm.inc in POV version 3.7 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Edouard Poor: parse error with camera35mm.inc in POV version 3.7
From: Edouard
Date: 3 Jun 2010 04:35:01
Message: <web.4c07687cdfe1c893694f4200@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> > I get the following parse error when trying to use Camera35mm_Autofocus,
> > when using POV-Ray 3.7 beta 37a:
> >
> > "line 433: Parse Error: Attempt to access uninitialized array element."
>
> Hmm, could be something like none of the autofocus samples actually found the
> object - but I'l have to take a closer look and do some debugging.

I can recreate it by having an extremely small object, so no autofocus samples
hit it...

You can try #declaring 'Camera35mm_AutofocusTightness' to a wider value like 1.0
(which means the who screen) or 'Camera35mm_AutofocusSamples' to a higher
number, so there are enough samples that the code hit the object.

I'll edit my code to print a warning, and set the autofocus point to the objects
center.

Cheers,
Edouard.