POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scale by axis? : Re: Scale by axis? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scale by axis?
From: jberry02
Date: 2 Jun 2010 20:05:00
Message: <web.4c06f1155ba8d59dbba8fbcd0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:

For the sake of completeness, in case someone is reading this thread in the
future.....

Here is a fairly simple example of what I was asking about.  Take the following
snippet....

object {
  box {<-1,-1,-1>,<1,1,1>}
  scale_by_axis(y,x)
}

The hypothetical function/macro scale_by_axis would take the "y" values of the
box, and scale them by their corresponding position on the x axis.  The end
result would be two triangular prisms "joined" at the z axis (with the left half
of the box inverted due to negative scaling).

[Please note that this is *not* an example of the type of object I am interested
in creating - I choose it as a simple example of the concept.]